Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Monumentour Tickets || Finally Seeing My Idol

Well, today has been an utter disaster. I ended up at the doctor as well as the blood lab and radiology. I am hoping to get some answers tomorrow seeing as this specific issue has been causing me pretty horrific pain for 5 days.

But on a better note, something truly earth-shatteringly amazing happened this morning. I was able to buy presale tickets to the Monumentour, which is the Paramore and Fall Out Boy tour. Paramore is one of my all time favorite bands. I have been a fan for about 8 years and everything they have ever put out is on my laptop and phone. I have been trying to see them live since 2005. I was nine years old and had fallen in love with the alternative, punk music genre. I was introduced to Fall Out Boy in 2nd grade by one of the girls in my class. I had never listened to any music like it before and fell in love instantly. It wasn't until I was talking with my mom today that I realized I have actually been a Fall Out Boy fan longer than I have been a Paramore fan. Clearly I love both an incredible amount and getting the chance to see them both together is a dream come true. I almost got to see Fall Out Boy with Panic! At The Disco this year, but I wasn't well enough at the time. Similarly, I was planning on seeing Paramore in Orlando in November but I was less than a week post surgery and although my parents were going to go against all of their parental instincts and drive me three hours away and bring me to the concert in a wheelchair, I was not well enough to go and it almost destroyed me. If having to go through the medical issue I have and the surgeries wasn't enough, now I was missing my chance to see my idols for the first time. It was really hard to accept at the time but I promised myself that the next time Paramore was here, I was going to be well enough to go.

 If you have been reading my blog you will know that my most recent surgery didn't work in the way we had hoped so my medical issues are still a problem but that is not going to stop me from finally getting to see the people that have gotten me through some of my hardest times. I use music to cope and Paramore specifically has been there through me in even the darkest of times. I wish I had the money to get meet and greet tickets but because I haven't been working since surgery, it was a struggle to afford even the least expensive tickets there were, but my parents made it happen which I am so thankful for. I honestly don't care that they are not the best seats. I am going to be there for the concert and it is more than I ever could have dreamed of. I cried for quite a while this morning after I get my tickets because I was overwhelmed by how lucky I was and that I was finally getting to see them.

Honestly, this has gotten me through another rough day of pain and even more painful tests to try to identify the pain, but the whole time I just kept saying to myself "I am seeing Paramore" and it made everything okay. Sorry today's post is a little mushy, it has just been an emotional day between the tickets and my health. We also started house sitting today so as I speak I am surrounded by 4 dogs plus my dog Maddie. I will make sure to take pictures and post them because they are some of the cutest and sweetest animals I have ever met. Hope you are having a great day! Wish me luck with my test results. :)

Lots of love xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye