Monday, March 23, 2015

Health: An Update

Hello everyone! I would first like to start by thanking everyone for how well my last post was received. In only a week's time it has become the most read post I have ever put up on this blog. It was extremely hard for me to write and took a lot to put something that personal out there and the kind words I have received have meant a lot. If you haven't read my last post, you may want to before continuing because otherwise you may be very confused.



I had surgery bright and early Thursday morning. My biggest fear was another surgery where I woke up and they told me that they didn't know what was wrong and that they had done nothing. When I first woke up from surgery I was still pretty groggy. I couldn't see straight and everything hurt. There was a nurse next to me and I asked, in what I can only assume was barely english, if they took the ovary out? She told me that they had. I started crying. She came over concerned to calm me down and I quickly told her they were "happy tears" and then I fell back asleep. A while later I woke back up and was allowed to see my parents. When they came in I found out that they had also taken my appendix out. They also told me that they had found I have Endometriosis. I don't want to go into a ton of detail on that, you can look it up if you are interested, but it is very painful. They removed as much as possible and cauterized a ton of it. My ovary was also attached to my bowel, there were a ton of adhesions that had to be taken apart and lots and lots of scar tissue that was removed. They also did a D&C of the uterus. They did not take the fibroid tumor out. Because it is most likely not causing any problems and is small they opted not to because it would have resulted in a much longer and more painful surgery.


A lot was done so recovery is slow, but they are all good things. For the first time in years I have hope of getting my life back. It will be a slow road, and I know that, but I am willing to do anything I need to get there.

As far as an update on where I am in recovery this is a good little summary I put on Facebook for friends and family. Making progress for sure. I am still in a lot of pain, have to keep reminding myself just how much stuff they did and removed. The pain from the gas they put in seems to be gone, just back to dealing with the shoulder pain left from the accident. I'm having trouble breathing but I'm fairly sure that's just pain related. Also I've been running a low grade fever but we've talked to the doctor and they think it is just a pain response because apparently they gave me a lot of antibiotics during surgery. Not working this week because the doctor told me not to. Look at me being good and listening. I think today I am going to play video games and watch Netflix because how many times in my life am I actually going to be able to say that it's doctors orders. 

I think that is everything. Oh, I guess I should share the thing I am doing for myself. As some of you may or may not know, there isn't a lot I love more in the world than Disney. I haven't been able to go to Disney World without a wheelchair since I was 13.  Obviously, pending on seeing how my pain levels are after I'm healed up from surgery, I am planning a 3 day trip for my mom and I to go to Disney. Just her and I...and no wheelchair. I'm hoping to be able to do it and get there before the Epcot Garden Festival is over but we will see. I have to make sure I don't push myself too hard too fast.

My fight isn't over just because this surgery is. If this is something people are interested in following along with I may see how I feel about turning this into a weekly or monthly series. Or it may be just occasional update when I feel there is something to update on.

Thank you again for all the kindness.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I talked to your mom today, she told me about all this. So scary. Glad you are home. I hope the rest of your recovery is fast. We are here if you need us. I will be home all next week. We love you!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye