Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I'm Okay, But.... || Another Health Update

Well, today was no fun. In the spirit of being honest, today really, really sucked. A lot. If you read yesterday's post, my plan was to play video games, watch Netflix and hope I feel better hour by hour. Ha. It was a nice dream.



It started with a fully sleepless night. Too much pain to sleep. My mom called the doctor first thing to ask about the trouble breathing. I was expecting her to say it was nothing, maybe have me come into the office for a w=quick check but I wasn't expecting much. She sent me to the ER. Right away. I'm not going to lie, I cried a lot this morning. Being in a lot of pain, sleep deprived, not being able to breathe well, running a fever and being scared does not lend to a great emotional state.

My mom and I headed to the ER. The wait wasn't too long. Turns out when you are 4 days post-op with a 102 fever and trouble breathing you skip most of the line. Silver lining, I guess? Right from the start the nurse was incredible nice which I appreciated so much. Stressful situations can be made all too stressful based on who you are dealing with. He listened to my chest, then the doctor listened to my chest, then the doctor said he didn't think it was a blood clot in my lung and my mom started crying. Apparently that's what my doctor thought it was. No one told me that, probably for the best. But my blood pressure was really low, I still had the fever and the breathing problems and it was just the start of the day. They wanted to run blood tests and also get me on IV fluids. Would have rather had IV iced tea but apparently that isn't an option. Get on that, science.

Here's the fun part. I have hard veins on a normal day. I had really bad veins today. I also hate needles more than I hate neon eye liner, and I really hate neon eye liner. The first person came in. 2 tries in 2 different arms and still no IV, he went to get the nurse. 2 more sticks in my right arm, no IV. Also worse than the sticks are after the needle is in and they are fishing around trying to find the vein. Not so nice. But then they got something that made my tech geek heart really happy. It was this giant thing that reflected a green laser onto my arm and SHOWED WHERE THE VEIN WAS INSIDE MY ARM. WHAT EVEN? They finally got the IV in. I get fluids which was nice. I also got some pain meds that broke the pain for the first time in days, that was really nice. Also made me sleepy.

It was about here where they took me for chest X-rays. There is still nothing stranger to me than being transported in the hospital. I left the room, got X-rays and came back, all without ever standing, most while laying down. They did the X-rays in my hospital bed. With the iv pain meds they didn't want to risk me falling.

We are going to skip ahead because I'm tired and on top of normal pain, my arms both hurt from being under assault today. No blood clot. Yay! Partly collapsed lung. Not so yay, but also not a big deal. I have to breathe into this thing and I'll be okay. The issue here is I'm competitive and want to beat how high i blew the thingy last time and I have to be careful and make sure I don't pass out.



They put me on stronger pain meds which is good because it was really hurting a lot. I'm planning on sleeping and resting tomorrow. Hopefully I don't end up back at the hospital, that would be nice.

On a funny note, every single person at the hospital that heard how much surgery I had done did a double take and looked actually dumbfounded that I was sent home that day.

Same. lol.

I'm going to rest. I guess I'll just keep posting updates as I have them. Hopefully no more days like this will happen. At least I'm okay :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, we are thinking about you and sending all the healing thoughts your way. Stay strong, it will all work out somehow. I hope the new pain meds help you get some sleep. Sending hugs your way ♡♡

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye