Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things || Perfume Collection

I went through the first 14 years of my life thinking that all perfume smelled like over saturated flowers and that it was only something worn by old ladies. You can imagine my surprise when I entered the world of beauty and found the amazing world that in Perfume. Because of my earlier exposure, I find myself drawn to more fruity, light scents and less intense floral ones. I have come across a couple in the last few years that I absolutely love.



The first was a 16th birthday present from my parents. I got a sample of it because Taylor Swift is one of my favorite singers in the world. I was surprised to find that I was completely in love with the smell. It is light and fruity with some slight floral notes and a little bit of sweetness. When I got a full sized bottle of Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift for my birthday it made me ecstatic. I also have some travel sized sprays of it that are perfect for travel and my bag.


The bottle is also as cute as can be and I love displaying it on my vanity.


There is a fun and slightly emotional story behind my next favorite. I had wanted to get Lady Gaga's Fame since I got a sample in my Ulta catalog. At the time I wasn't working because of my health and had no money to get it so I put it off. When I got to open for Little Mix in Miami (if you don't know the story, you can read it here) I decided that I was going to treat myself while shopping and buy the $20 roller ball. I was in Sephora about to get it when they showed me a set with a full 3.4 oz bottle and roller ball for a great price, but I couldn't justify spending the money. My parents bought it for me as a gift to remember that amazing weekend. Now, every time that I wear it, I get brought back to that weekend and it makes me instantly happy. 


The scent is edgy but still light and I think the bottle is very pretty. While I was in New Jersey this winter I found a sale set that had a 1.7 oz bottle, a roller ball and the matching lotion for $22. I now wear this almost every day and don't have to worry about running out soon!

Those two are the ones I wear the most but I have a few that I use when I am looking to switch it up.


The first was a gift from when a family friend went to Italy. Being as picky as I am about scents, I didn't think I would like it. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the floral scent.


I don't use this as much because it irritates my dad's allergies, but when I am going to be out for the whole day, I like to wear this one for a nice change.


The Stila Mandarin Mist roller ball was also a gift. It came in a set of three but this one is my favorite. I keep this in my bag and use it on days when I run out of the house without putting any perfume on. It is a great mix of fruity and floral but still light enough to wear on a regular basis. I don't know if this is still available because it was a limited edition set, but you may be able to find it!


This last one I got many years ago and I doubt is still available. It was a freebie from Seventeen Magazine if you brought the ad into an Aeropostale store. It is a very sweet, citrus scent and was perfect for me at 14. It is still nice if I feel like something a little more fun.

What are your go to scents? Are there any that you avoid like the plague? Let me know! I am always looking for new ones and also looking for ones to keep away from! Thanks for reading, I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye