Monday, July 20, 2015

Chasing Your Dreams || Motivational Monday

It's official, I leave for California tomorrow! I am so excited! Last year I had an amazing time and learned so much, I can't image how much better it will be this year. Also, my mom and one of my best friends are both coming with me which is going to make it even more fun.



For those of you who do not know, I am going to California for VidCon. I have the amazing chance to play a set and also be a part of the first Mentorship program at VidCon. I am getting to work with 3 amazing YouTubers and het their advice and feedback on a huge project I have been secretly working on.



This has had me thinking a lot about my dreams and what I have sacrificed for them over the years. For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a singer. I remember telling people in kindergarten that when I grew up I was going to be a singer. It is something that has always been in my heart. When I was little it was "cute." When I was in middle school I "needed to set my eye on something realistic." When I was in high school and opening for international pop stars and being signed to contracts on YouTube suddenly everyone had "always believed in me!" It isn't easy to pick a path that is different from the norm and you will most likely get a lot of pushback from people but if it is what you love and you have a true passion for it and are willing to work hard, go for it!



I have always thought that if I worked to try to make music work until 25, that still gave me plenty of time to work everything out if things did not go as well for me as I hoped. There is this huge pressure put on us so early to have everything figured out. I remember sitting in therapy at 14 crying my eyes out because I didn't have my whole future planned out yet and that meant that I was going to fail. I'm 19 now and realize how crazy that was.



No one has everything figured out and if they say they do, they are either lying to you or themselves. As it turns out, music has gone pretty well for me and it is worth all of the sacrifices and "well meaning realistic opinions" of others that I have dealt with but even if I had fallen flat on my face with music, I wouldn't regret the time and effort that I put into it.



I am working incredibly hard for my dreams every single day and that in itself is something to be proud of for the rest of my life. I will never have to look back on my life and think "What would have happened if I had just given it a shot? Could I have made it?" I won't have that regret because I am doing it.



I encourage everyone to take a dream of theres, be it big or small, and go for it! You would be surprised what you can accomplish if you are willing to put the work in and stretch a little outside your comfort zone. It can have a truly beautiful result.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye